Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Does anyone know if Best Buy will match Apples deal for Students?

Basically if you buy an iPad you get a $50 gift card?

I have seen some people price match Apples student thing at Best Buy with Macbooks..

Thanks

Last edited:

-TYLER

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Does anyone know if Best Buy will match Apples deal for Students?

Basically if you buy an iPad you get a $50 gift card?

I have seen some people price match Apples student thing at Best Buy with Macbooks..

Thanks

Why not just buy it from apple then?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
No, retail stores rarely if ever price match an offer for gift cards. In fact stores like Walmart don't price match their own online deals. Like Tyler said deal with Apple and use that $50 GC towards a case or some iTunes money. :)

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
You're better off ordering from an online store that doesn't charge tax for your location. It'll be about even when considering the gift card value. BHPhotoVideo, and MacMall come to mind :)

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Why not just buy it from apple then?

I have a best buy gift card.

----------

No, retail stores rarely if ever price match an offer for gift cards. In fact stores like Walmart don't price match their own online deals. Like Tyler said deal with Apple and use that $50 GC towards a case or some iTunes money. :)

Best Buy matches the Macbook Pro deal with gift card, don't see why this would be any different.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
You're better off ordering from an online store that doesn't charge tax for your location. It'll be about even when considering the gift card value. BHPhotoVideo, and MacMall come to mind :)

It really depends. BB also gives reward Zone points (up to 4% of the purchase price) so that add a bit as well. I'm fortunate that I can buy in a state that has no sales tax as well; others may not have that option.

My experience with BB is they will match Apple's offer but each store may or may not do so readily. Best bet is to email their corporate customer service number and ask them for the official answer.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

wellllll.

best buy matched apple last year when i bought my macbook from them. i got a giftcard

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
I guess it would be, but then again, whats the purpose of a forum.. This thread was made when the store was closed..

I can tell you what the forum isn't about -- clairvoyance. There are lots of questions that can be answered her and many that cannot. Asking about what Best Buy will do in an exceptional situation leans more toward clairvoyance.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
I can tell you what the forum isn't about -- clairvoyance. There are lots of questions that can be answered her and many that cannot. Asking about what Best Buy will do in an exceptional situation leans more toward clairvoyance.

You never know maybe someone would know. Chill

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Long story short. People at best buy are a bunch of morons.

I got three different stories. It would be nice if they were all on the same page. Basically they were all just guessing.

They had no clue about the iPad thing let alone the student discount on the MacBooks.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Long story short. People at best buy are a bunch of morons.

I got three different stories. It would be nice if they were all on the same page. Basically they were all just guessing.

They had no clue about the iPad thing let alone the student discount on the MacBooks.

Yeah sorry to hear that. BB is a giant lottery, sometimes if you get the right person things will work out for you. You may want to try different BB in your area.

idencustom

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah sorry to hear that. BB is a giant lottery, sometimes if you get the right person things will work out for you. You may want to try different BB in your area.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1385410/

No matter how hard I try tho.... I can't get anyone to give me the $50.00 off of an ipad. Tried three different stores. I have however successfully purchased three macbook airs with the student discount.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010

B&H doesn't allow iPads to be purchased online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.