Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1
00Falcon
macrumors newbie

Use Apple Mail app as default email app in Windows 7 Pro

Hello,

I am running Mac OS 10.7.4 and also running Windows 7 64bit on a VM via Parallels Desktop 7. Within Mac OS 10.7.4, my default email client is Apple Mail.

When I run Quickbooks on the Windows 7 VM, I want to send the current file that I am working in an email. When I click on "Send this file as an attachment" within Quickbooks, I get an error message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel". In the Parallels 7 Configurations I have checked the box next to "Share Mac applications with Windows", and next to "Email", I have tried both "Default" and "Open in Mac". Either way, I get the same error message described above. Quickbooks seems to want to use the Windows 7 default email client. I thought I was setting the Windows 7 default email client as my Mac default email client by the Parallels 7 Configurations. However, that does not seem to be working.

Does anyone know how to solve or any solutions on this issue?
00Falcon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:40 AM   #2
SDub90
macrumors 6502a

What version of quickbooks are you using? I believe it's actually a quickbooks limitation, not parallels, win 7, or os x/apple mail related.

edit: If you check here: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/INF12783
it says that it was designed to only work with outlook and the built in client.
SDub90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:49 PM   #3
palebluedot
macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to do this for other apps in VMWare, like Office? It sets mailto but doesnt set mail.app as the default program (via vmware)
palebluedot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store