Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1
continental717
macrumors newbie

Microphones on my iPhone 4 doesn't work during calls only

So last week I dropped my iPhone 4, not S (Actually it was accidentally threw) and the back glass breaks and the metal frame or something was bent. I get it to a Mobile Repair shop (My Apple Care insurance plan expired long time ago) and they changed the back and the frame and everything still works but, when I make a call or receive one. The person on the other side of the call, doesn't hear my voice like every time. I checked on Voice Memo and the microphone still works, so i think its just the Frame interference problem on the first version of iPhone 4. So I tried using a case and a bumper but still silence. I took it back to the repair shop and they diagnose the phone and they say, it'll take a few days for them to fully diagnose the problem. MAYBE the Mainboard is damage because of the impact (They say). I wanna know, What are other possibilities? other than damaged Mainboard, and is it a big deal and is it expensive to repair cuz my parents won't pay for the main board . Who ever been like this before ? and what happened? (Just wanna know the possibilities and how much. Its destroying my day) Thanks in advance
continental717 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:41 AM   #2
JMG
macrumors 6502a

Once you break a small electronic device, it's hard to diagnose and repair without just replacing things by process of elimination. When all is said and done you might be close to what you would have paid for a full blown replacement phone. Go to your apple store and see how much they charge for a replacement. I think you might be surprised. You won't always be paying the full price for a replacement. They are pretty good about things like that. In the end, it doesn't hurt to try.

Mac Pro Mac Mini
Macbook Pro Ipad 3 64gb iPhone 4S 64gb
iTouch 8gb iPod Classic 160gb Nano 8gb Shuffle 4gb Shuffle 2gb Apple TV
JMG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting