Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Here is just one of many reasons, I really like Tim Cook:

"Apple CEO Tim Cook appears to recognize that litigation isn't the way.

Bequeathed Jobs' war, he has indicated he's less enthusiastic about fighting over Android than his predecessor." <snip>

"I've always hated litigation, and I continue to hate it," Cook said.

source: http://goo.gl/dL0SZ

kdarling

macrumors P6
In this case, it'd be good to see Cook put his money where his mouth is.

He's talked about what a waste of time and resources lawsuits are, and yet Apple continues to try to get its competition banned from sale via courts.

The problem is, all Apple's lawsuits have really done so far is to give Samsung's products extra publicity, plus they've made Samsung a David to Apple's now 1984-ish Goliath.

Apple has also managed to tick off a lot of judges who are tired of hearing Apple brag in court papers about how profitable they are, while at the same time complaining about losing sales to the competition.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
I've always had this feeling, but I think we need to see some action now. Let's end stupid lawsuits.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I love that places can re-hash a quote from April (that was a real story then) and just make a "new" story on a whim.

Old news.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah right Timmy boy, which is why Apple is "full speed ahead" when it comes to lawsuits and attempts to ban imports of competitor's products like the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.