Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I'm planning to rent an iTunes movie for the first time today, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to watch on my TV via the mini-display port to DVI adapter? I have an oldish HDTV which only has a DVI port. So I connect my MBP via the adapter to the TV. Will this work with iTunes content or will DRM get in the way?

Thanks.

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
So no Apple TV? That would be the best long term solution if you plan on doing this a lot. You can rent/play movies directly from the Apple TV, as well as play downloaded movies on your MBP in iTunes on your TV. And it's only $99USD.

DRM should not be an issue. You can play the movie on your MBP. You should be able to play it through your TV too.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
So no Apple TV? That would be the best long term solution if you plan on doing this a lot. You can rent/play movies directly from the Apple TV, as well as play downloaded movies on your MBP in iTunes on your TV. And it's only $99USD.

DRM should not be an issue. You can play the movie on your MBP. You should be able to play it through your TV too.

No Apple TV right now. The thing is, I usually don't rent or buy movies but I'm making an exception tonight. I live in Sweden so the content isn't as good as in the U.S yet either. In fact, I'll have to use my U.S account tonight. My TV only has one DVI port and no HDMI too but when I buy a new TV I'll pick up an Apple TV for AirPlay if nothing else :)

Good to hear it should work, I'll give it a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.