Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm not sure how long ago this happened, but for the first time since I got iTunes Match last year at launch I put on a popular song that I have in my iTunes library as explicit and it was actually the explicit version.

I checked several other songs off the top of my head that had incorrectly matched to censored versions in the past and they seem to have been corrected.

Has anyone else noticed similar results? You'd have to delete the song and redownload it if it was already on your device in censored form.

DanTesla1

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Yes! Just checked, and the songs that I had listed in a .txt with all my cleaned songs were explicit in iTunes now. Nothing to do on my part... not even rematching the songs.

Does anyone know how I can add the "explicit" tag to my songs and have it stick in iTunes Match? I had them before, but when I matched my songs, the tags were deleted. As soon as songs are matched or uploaded, the tag doesn't not stick. I know it's possible though because I have downloaded .m4a's before with the tag, matched them, and have had the tag stick. I can give an example if need be.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.