Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrWingman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
Hey everybody,
I got my first mac ever yesterday. I´ll go to the US in 4 weeks for 6 month. I plan on writing a travel diary so that my family and friends can read it like a blog. Unfortunately I can´t find something like that in the Mac app store. Can you suggest any apps?

Thanks,
Wingman :apple:

justreason

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
Why not use an online blog like tumblr? So that they can view the content as soon as you post it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
Dayone is a great app, one of my favorites. I think you can share via Dropbox but not sure how it works. I'd say go with an online service like tumblr or wordpress.

MrWingman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
ok, thank you all for your ideas. I´ll try tumblr and day one....I think those come close to my needs

----------

Dayone is a great app, one of my favorites. I think you can share via Dropbox but not sure how it works. I'd say go with an online service like tumblr or wordpress.

Isn´t day one just a kind of personal diary? Or can I share it with people even if they don´t use that app? And can I upload photos? So that it looks like a blog?

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
ok, thank you all for your ideas. I´ll try tumblr and day one....I think those come close to my needs

----------

Isn´t day one just a kind of personal diary? Or can I share it with people even if they don´t use that app? And can I upload photos? So that it looks like a blog?

It is a personal diary, but it will let you use Dropbox...I'm not exactly if it saves the entries as files or what not. I don't think Dayone would be your best bet to share anyways. I'd go with either tumblr or wordpress so that you could add pictures and let your relatives be able to access it more often.

MrWingman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
Thanks everybody! I tried some platforms and decided to use tumblr. I like the design, the simplicity and that I can use it even with my mobile devices..

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU HELP! I APPRECIATE THAT :)

SoAppy

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2012
If you also like adding images
or open up the browser and crop images to add in your text,
try Safe Diary: http://www.safediary.net

-Makes your entries more vivid with text flowing around images.

Also backups everything on iCloud, or email PDF's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.