Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihatephish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
My dad has had an iPad 2 for a couple years now, but barely uses it. Not even for reading, which he loves.

So, thought about gifting him a few books from iBooks, but I guess that isn't possible?

Any other ideas of iPad themed gifts, even accessories, to steer him towards using his iPad more?

JoeSixPack

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2008
My dad has had an iPad 2 for a couple years now, but barely uses it. Not even for reading, which he loves.

So, thought about gifting him a few books from iBooks, but I guess that isn't possible?

Any other ideas of iPad themed gifts, even accessories, to steer him towards using his iPad more?

If he is a dinosaur like me, you could provide a more familiar form factor:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/e762/?srp=12

If all else fails, borrow it, load up a few seasons of NCIS and buy him some headphones. (an actual request from my mother so she can get her tv back)

ihatephish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
My 87 year old father loves his iPad 1 for reading and internet. He wasn't using it much at first because he found it hard to hold. It was a little slippery for his arthritic hands to get a good grip. That problem was solved by getting him a case that made it easier for him to hold onto it. Now it almost never leaves his hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.