Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Just received my new rMBP (2.6/16/512) and this red screen tint is apparent as night and day...After my 13" 2011 MBA, this screen just feels not as bright and it's driving me up the wall because I really want to keep the machine.

If any one of you used an app called FLUX for night time screen color and brightness adjustment, the screen looks like its in NIGHT time setting all the time just to give you an idea...

You constantly want to press increase brightness button because it's just not bright enough - #$%^!

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
I don't think there is anything you can do about the brightness other than put it to a level that you find tolerable, maximum in your case I guess and maybe turn off the automatic adjustment. As for the reddish whites, get a Spyder or i1 Profiler to calibrate the white point properly.

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Tried calibrating it manually and it doesn't help...Purchasing a professional grade calibrator is too much hassle (Did it before years back) and does not guarantee that it will fix the problem.

Last time this occurred I simply returned the machine, and received a proper one...just don't want to go through the hassle :mad:

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Just received my new rMBP (2.6/16/512) and this red screen tint is apparent as night and day...After my 13" 2011 MBA, this screen just feels not as bright and it's driving me up the wall because I really want to keep the machine.

If any one of you used an app called FLUX for night time screen color and brightness adjustment, the screen looks like its in NIGHT time setting all the time just to give you an idea...

You constantly want to press increase brightness button because it's just not bright enough - #$%^!

I started a thread about this tint a few days ago - there are others with the same issue.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1387009/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.