Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
hi i have a friend who wants me to fix her iphone and unjailbreak it cos its stuck at the activation screen and wont activate cos i gather she has the 6.15.00 bb my question is if i hackivate it add ipad bb then use the new redsnow to downgrade the bb to 5.13.04 then use a custom firmware to restore it will that work to unjailbreak it etc cos she has the orgianl sim carrier what the phone orginally on if that makes sense but cant activate it due to like i said the ipad bb any help would be grateful

cheers

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
You should use more periods and commas.

Try restoring it in iTunes to the latest firmware. The baseband shouldn't matter. If that doesn't work, there's nothing I can do. Jailbreaking your iPhone voids your warranty, so I'd pray that there is a solution somewhere.

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
If you manage to downgrade successfully to 05.13.04, your phone should activate properly with the original carrier SIM. So yes, try that.

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ok so if restore with custom firmware will that unjailbreak it? And she will be able to update to the next firmware when it comes out with official firmware though iTunes

jasonb21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
unjailbreaking

a custom ipsw will unjailbreak your or you can downgrade your baseband and restore from itunes this i have done twice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.