Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThisIsMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Amsterdam
I'm looking for some accessories for the Retina Macbook pro to keep it in new condition. Any suggestions?

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
A good sleeve, and "being careful with it" are what I'd recommend. Try hardgraft.com for classy-but-pricey bags/sleeves, or Waterfield Designs for more affordable options.

IncredibleBulk

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Snagged myself a new bag from Incase, saddly it will be here about a week before my computer lol. Im waiting for some companies to design some new carbon fiber or designer decal for the RMBP because it seems like the footprint is different than the standard MBPs

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm figuring my waterfield racer-x will be fine. I got it back when I had a 15" MBP (non unibody) and it should work even though the dimensions have changed a bit

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2010
Protection for your new Retina MBP (skins, cases etc)

what is every one using to protect their new retina macbook pros ? i was looking for a full body film (zagg) but didnt find any ... i didnt find any cases for RMBP either

if some one did find some thing (skins, cases) specifically for new macbook pro.. do share...

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
As for myself, I plan to get the 15" laptop folio from Hard Graft. Very difficult to not just buy ten things on their store (want a billfold, iPad sleeve, and maybe a bag from them), though it helps that they're all pretty expensive.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I like the Rickshaw bags 15" MBP cases, you can customize them and the interior is nice and soft. I have a waterproof one (x-pac). (made in the US, and animal-friendly too)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
The kid in me can't help but laugh at this thread. But seriously, I've considered getting a hard case but I wanna see what comes out first. But usually I don't get anything except for my bag(which admittedly has a sleeve in it).

Haarith :)

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
My brain. I place it safely on a firm surface all times this is my first mac and this is my baby.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Just ordered the cream/read Terra Campus Pack from Incase. I like the design and look, and I like how it has a separate pocket for my iPad as well. The unfortunate thing is that I'll likely receive it long before my rMBP arrives. :(

ThisIsMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Amsterdam
The kid in me can't help but laugh at this thread. But seriously, I've considered getting a hard case but I wanna see what comes out first. But usually I don't get anything except for my bag(which admittedly has a sleeve in it).

Whats so funny?

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Have a bunch of various sized foam sleeves tucked away under the desktop right now.

bounou

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
I'm looking for some accessories for the Retina Macbook pro to keep it in new condition. Any suggestions?

I just ordered a new waterfield suede sleeve for it today, i don't like bulky cases, just need something to protect from scratches while it's in my bag.

Crumpler makes some very nice sleeves too, was a toss up between the two for me.

jimmyz80

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Apex, NC
I have a Wrapsol skin on order which supposedly was shipping today. I've had one on my Air for about six months and I couldn't be happier.

rudyrudell

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
my 2006 model 17" MBP has some serious degradation from where I place my hands when I work on it. I wonder if I should get some sort of protector to prevent the same thing from happening to the new mbp? they did remove the glass in front of the screen after all, maybe adding something like that to the surface could damage my screen while it's closed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.