Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:16 PM   #1
ixorra
macrumors newbie

IOS 5.1 --> IOS 5.1.1, but already jailbroken?

I have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g on IOS 5.1 with a semi-tether. I really want to update to IOS 5.1.1 because it has an untethered version. However, I really don't know what to do because a lot of tutorials are for iPods that have never been jailbroken before. Is there a way for me to update while keeping the tweaks I already have without having to redownload them one by one?

(Note: I tried to follow this tutorial because it said it was compatible with my device http://www.coolestguyplanettech.com/...-with-redsn0w/ but when I tried to create the custom IPSW, it said the option was only for iPhones.)

Please help, and if possible, I'd like to keep using redsn0w ^^
ixorra is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:26 PM   #2
utahman130
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixorra View Post
I have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g on IOS 5.1 with a semi-tether. I really want to update to IOS 5.1.1 because it has an untethered version.
Upgrade and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with greenposi0n using my tutorial

Quote:
How to upgrade to and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered

Step 1: Plug in your iDevice to your computer and open iTunes. Right click on your device and select "Backup"

Step 2: After the backup is done, click "Restore" If that does not work, go into DFU mode and restore.

Step 3: Do not put your backup back on your device. Exit out of iTunes and download Absinthe 2 here. After you have downloaded it, make your it recognizes your device, and click jailbreak (No DFU ) It will go through the jailbreak process.

Step 4: Go into iTunes, right click on your iDevice, and click "restore from backup" This will not erase your jailbreak!

Enjoy your jailbreak

If you have any questions, PM me, quote me, or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com

----------

Concerning this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixorra View Post
http://www.coolestguyplanettech.com/...-with-redsn0w/ but when I tried to create the custom IPSW, it said the option was only for iPhones.)
Don't worry about CFW or preserving basebands on an iPod touch

Past: iPhone 5 / iPhone 3GS / 17" iMac G5 / 6 iPods / PowerBook 1400cs
utahman130 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Grey Hound
macrumors newbie

Sounds good. Thanks for posting!
Grey Hound is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks