Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixorra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g on IOS 5.1 with a semi-tether. I really want to update to IOS 5.1.1 because it has an untethered version. However, I really don't know what to do because a lot of tutorials are for iPods that have never been jailbroken before. Is there a way for me to update while keeping the tweaks I already have without having to redownload them one by one? :confused:

(Note: I tried to follow this tutorial because it said it was compatible with my device http://www.coolestguyplanettech.com...-to-ios-5-and-preserve-baseband-with-redsn0w/ but when I tried to create the custom IPSW, it said the option was only for iPhones.)

Please help, and if possible, I'd like to keep using redsn0w ^^

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
I have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g on IOS 5.1 with a semi-tether. I really want to update to IOS 5.1.1 because it has an untethered version.

Upgrade and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with greenposi0n using my tutorial

How to upgrade to and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered

Step 1: Plug in your iDevice to your computer and open iTunes. Right click on your device and select "Backup"

Step 2: After the backup is done, click "Restore" If that does not work, go into DFU mode and restore.

Step 3: Do not put your backup back on your device. Exit out of iTunes and download Absinthe 2 here. After you have downloaded it, make your it recognizes your device, and click jailbreak (No DFU :D) It will go through the jailbreak process.

Step 4: Go into iTunes, right click on your iDevice, and click "restore from backup" This will not erase your jailbreak!

Enjoy your jailbreak :)

If you have any questions, PM me, quote me, or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com

----------

Concerning this:
http://www.coolestguyplanettech.com...-to-ios-5-and-preserve-baseband-with-redsn0w/ but when I tried to create the custom IPSW, it said the option was only for iPhones.)

Don't worry about CFW or preserving basebands on an iPod touch :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.