Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Evangelion
macrumors 68040

Newbie question: Mixing separate songs in to one song

OK, so it seems that I was assigned the job of handling audio in a "performance" me and some co-workers will be doing in the near future. And this involves mixing some music. Problem is that I have next to no experience with this.

The good thing is that my needs are simple (I hope). All I need to do is to take a half a dozen songs or so, take a short (about 15 seconds) segment of the song that will be played back, and then the song smoothly and gaplessly transitions in to next song. Simple enough.

What tools should I use for this? Audacity? I'm not really prepared to invest lots of money on this, since this is just a one-off effort . The app to do this could be iPad-add (djay?) or a Mac-app, but the actual playback will be done with an iPad.

Last edited by Evangelion; Jun 21, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Evangelion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:47 PM   #2
ObsidianIce
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
OK, so it seems that I was assigned the job of handling audio in a "performance" me and some co-workers will be doing in the near future. And this involves mixing some music. Problem is that I have next to no experience with this.

The good thing is that my needs are simple (I hope). All I need to do is to take a half a dozen songs or so, take a short (about 15 seconds) segment of the song that will be played back, and then the song smoothly and gaplessly transitions in to next song. Simple enough.

What tools should I use for this? Audacity? I'm not really prepared to invest lots of money on this, since this is just a one-off effort . The app to do this could be iPad-add (djay?) or a Mac-app, but the actual playback will be done with an iPad.

Since this is a one of deal. Quicktime and Audacity should really be all that you need to do this.
ObsidianIce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Evangelion
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianIce View Post
Since this is a one of deal. Quicktime and Audacity should really be all that you need to do this.
Yeah, I ended up using Audacity for this. Thanks for the suggestion/confirmation

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio