Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
When I open my iTunes (or go to check for updates), I get "A new version of iTunes (10.6.3) is available. Would you like to download it now?"

I then click on "Download iTunes", and it launches Software Update, checking for new stuff. When all updating processes are done I opened iTunes again, and I still had version 10.6.1 (7)., tried running software update yet again, a couple of times, with no change.

Is something wrong? Maybe they haven't placed the new file on the software update servers?

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
When I open my iTunes (or go to check for updates), I get "A new version of iTunes (10.6.3) is available. Would you like to download it now?"

I then click on "Download iTunes", and it launches Software Update, checking for new stuff. When all updating processes are done I opened iTunes again, and I still had version 10.6.1 (7)., tried running software update yet again, a couple of times, with no change.

Is something wrong? Maybe they haven't placed the new file on the software update servers?

Thanks
10.6.3 has been out for over a week. If Software Update doesn't get it, you can download it here: iTunes 10.6.3

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
But once I upgrade manually, iTunes should again be able to update itself automatically? (within itself),
Yes, after you manually apply any update, Software Update will still work. It's just that it has a problem downloading occasionally. Just download the update manually, and the next one will most likely work automatically via Software Update.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
So you're more concerned about the mechanism than actually downloading the update ?

Right, more concerned that it can update by itself.

Yes, after you manually apply any update, Software Update will still work. It's just that it has a problem downloading occasionally. Just download the update manually, and the next one will most likely work automatically via Software Update.

And manually updating should respect my settings/playlists, and all? If so, I'll go ahead and manually update this time..

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Hmmm, well, I decided to give the system a reboot first. As soon as it did, I launched iTunes: I did not get the updating message, but I went to iTunes > check for updates, nevertheless. This time it was recognized by software update, and updated itself properly...

Some glitch it seems...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.