Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
No iPhone vs Android argumentative stuff here please...

For anyone who has gone through the process of transferring your life from an iPhone to Android, could you please provide the names (and links if available) of some of the best tools/apps that you used? Contacts, text message history, application data (like angry birds scores), music/videos, etc etc. Any help in making this as painless of a process would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks.

(By the way, my iPhone is jailbroken, so I don't mind installing cydia packages if they would help.)

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Outlook or Google Sync for calendar and contacts.
Thanks.
Thanks. I did google it, but I just found a bunch of old links (like that one you gave is 2 years old). I'm assuming better things have come out since then.

Edit: It seems a lot of those older links don't really apply anymore (to my situation anyway) because I've got all my things synced with iCloud (which complicates things a bit).

Last edited:

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks.

Thanks. I did google it, but I just found a bunch of old links (like that one you gave is 2 years old). I'm assuming better things have come out since then.

there's a setting in google where you can search links that are 24 hours old, 1 week old or even 1 month old.

Works wonders when finding up to date information :)

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
I just google sync'd pretty much everything (always used gmail anyway for contacts on the iPhones) but I remember backing up and keep all my text to transfer to my GSII as had a lot of important ones but I'm so tired right now I can't remember how I did it. I could swear I exported the sms file from iphone folder backup with itunes or another program.. can't remember lol. I'll search and see if I can find what I did for that.

On my GSII though I use SMS+ which automatically backs up SMS to Gmail which is sweet. When I flashed the custom ICS Rom on my phone, I just went to Gmail and chose to restore the backup and that was it, put all my messages back on the phone.

As far as game scores etc, that I'm not sure of nor cared to do, not sure if possible but someone else may know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.