Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via MSN to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
iMovie not uploading to YouTube

Hey guys,

I made a video on iMovie and am attempting to upload to my YouTube account. Everything works, I get the 'processing video' bar and then the 'uploading to youtube' bar... but after I wait however long it takes to upload, the bar disappears, I get no confirmation and the video does not appear on my 'my videos' in youtube.

I am on iMovie '11 version 9.0.4 (1635).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2
ugp
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Hey guys,

I made a video on iMovie and am attempting to upload to my YouTube account. Everything works, I get the 'processing video' bar and then the 'uploading to youtube' bar... but after I wait however long it takes to upload, the bar disappears, I get no confirmation and the video does not appear on my 'my videos' in youtube.

I am on iMovie '11 version 9.0.4 (1635).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I had it do this to me a few times and I closed iMovie out and tried again and it worked no problem. Also try updating to 9.0.6.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:50 PM   #3
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via MSN to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugp View Post
I had it do this to me a few times and I closed iMovie out and tried again and it worked no problem. Also try updating to 9.0.6.
Thanks. I will update. If it still doesn't work, i'll just keep restarting the app and trying again.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:09 AM   #4
ugp
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Thanks. I will update. If it still doesn't work, i'll just keep restarting the app and trying again.
You could also try when entering your username use your email address if your not already. When I upload to YouTube I just use my username I signed up with a long time ago. Some people have said they had to use their GMail account name to get it to work as well. Try both.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

You could also gtry exporting from iMovie to Finder then upload via the YouTube webpage.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store