Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Well, I am not sure if this is a prevalent issue among Lion users. But I have two Yahoo email accounts set up for Mail app in Lion. It seems like they always act up with keychain password problem. I can type in the password and click the "remember password in keychain" option, but it will ask me again and again. I verified the permission on disk, it shows no issue. This seems to only happen with Yahoo account, my Gmail account never, or rarely, has this issue.

Any idea how I can fix this annoyance?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I had this same problem (about several times a week but no pattern) with my email when it was on Hotmail (POP) but it almost never happened on my Gmail (IMAP) account. I moved my Hotmail to a Hover (IMAP) and it hasn't happen again. Is Yahoo POP? If so I wonder if it is POP related?

garygmar

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2009
I'm having the same problem with my yahoo accounts. Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

Fank

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
OH USA
something's buggy, having same problem with my mac mail account for the last week. I assume 'top men' at Apple are working on a solution.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
I'm having some issues with keychain as well. Not remembering keychain passowrds for Remote Apple Events. Having to login every time. Anyone else seeing this? thanks

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
I'm having some issues with keychain as well. Not remembering keychain passowrds for Remote Apple Events. Having to login every time. Anyone else seeing this? thanks

All you need to do is delete or repair the keychain in keychain access.

steve.tmq

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2013
I will try that

I have the same problem on show leopard so I'll give the deleating the keychine thing a go. Sorry for the spelling i am dyslex.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.