Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I upgraded from a 3GS to 4 yesterday (hold your laughter) and I've encountered a couple of bizarre issues.

The first of which concerns speaker phone. For some reason, when speaker phone is engaged, my voice is not going through the phone. It's like instead of just engaging speaker phone, it also is engaging the mute feature. I assume this is just buggy hardware and needs to be taken back to the AT&T store but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was overlooking before I make the rather long drive out there.

The other issue is that I have been trying to use Find My Friends and iCloud without success. Both were no issue on my old phone but with my new device, I've had to activate my account (why?) through email. And the email verifications are not coming from either service, despite requesting the emails to be sent again more than a dozen times. I changed my iTunes store password because some people told me to try that, which pisses me off, because that didn't solve the problem and now I can't change it back to the password I actually am used to and want. The emails are not going to any kind of spam or junk folder.

Anyone have any ideas on either of these?

I'm pretty frustrated because I spent several hours getting all my apps in the right place on my home screen, assigning ringtones to contacts, etc. etc. and I am assuming a lot of that will be lost when I get a new phone.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
They gave me a new phone that fixed the speaker phone issue.

But I still can't get my iCloud of Find My Friends verification emails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.