Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:04 PM   #1
skx0221
macrumors newbie

Your Mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory

Hello, I'm new to the forums here.

Today this window saying "Your Mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory. To avoid problems with your computer, quit any applications you are not using. Closing windows and removing files from your startup disk will also help."

I checked the Info on my startup disk and it says it still has 371.55 GB available out of 499.76 GB.

I think 350GB+ is enough storage.

What's wrong with my computer?
Which files could be taking up this space and what can I do about it?
skx0221 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:06 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx0221 View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forums here.

Today this window saying "Your Mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory. To avoid problems with your computer, quit any applications you are not using. Closing windows and removing files from your startup disk will also help."

I checked the Info on my startup disk and it says it still has 371.55 GB available out of 499.76 GB.

I think 350GB+ is enough storage.

What's wrong with my computer?
Which files could be taking up this space and what can I do about it?
First, try restarting your computer. You may see the used space decrease by doing that.

If you're wondering what "Other" category in the Lion storage tab is about, this may help explain:
What is this "Other" in the storage tab? What is eating my space
For space issues not explained by the above, there are a few things you can try, some of which may or may not apply:Here are a few resolutions found by others with the same question:
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac