Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macs4lyfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Do Apple retail stores carry BTO computers, or do you have to get them online?

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well, BTO would imply ordering online. Apple does have a few different configurations in store however. But, what they have will change rapidly, and we can't say for sure what they might have available.

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
In the last few years Apple has carried the base configurations and then the maxed out "Ultimate" version for the Airs. The signs in store for the Retina Pro also have the 2 base models and the Ultimate although no stores have got any Ultimates yet for the Retina. For the Air though they should have the Ultimate version.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
In the last few years Apple has carried the base configurations and then the maxed out "Ultimate" version for the Airs. The signs in store for the Retina Pro also have the 2 base models and the Ultimate although no stores have got any Ultimates yet for the Retina. For the Air though they should have the Ultimate version.

I walked into the store last night after being told they had the 2.0GHz/8GB/256GB 13" Air, but they only had the 512GB model in stock. I decided to step down to what I have now (in my sig).

If you want to mix and match, you have to order online.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
On the 11" Air, I believe my local store carried the two base configurations plus a 2.0GHz, 8GB/256GB configuration. That is not technically "ultimate" because you can now order 512GB SSD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.