Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazstar1980

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 13" MBA and just wanted to know if anyone has been experiencing heat issues?

I love the fact my C2D MBA runs stone cold (95% of the time) as I type a lot sitting on the sofa or bed. My old Macbook C2D used to burn me!

jgc

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 13" MBA and just wanted to know if anyone has been experiencing heat issues?

I love the fact my C2D MBA runs stone cold (95% of the time) as I type a lot sitting on the sofa or bed. My old Macbook C2D used to burn me!

Personally I have no issues with heat. Even earlier today when I had 6 or so YouTube videos loading meanwhile running other intensive programs, it got a bit warm but not even close to an uncomfortable level of heat. Not stone cold, but no heating issues even under relative demand.

bmpire

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
I may have gotten a bad unit, because this thing(2012 2.0 cpu 8gb 512) is running at 6500 rpm on the fans with nothing open. It heats up extremely fast.

I have my 2011 maxed out air and didn't have these issues except for under heavy load.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.