Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancewan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Hello all

I have a specific behaviour I am trying to understand and resolve which I need some help with.

I am trying to get the Remote Desktop Connection application to be run from a Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway server. I can get this to work for one specifc computer but I am now trying to get this to work fior anyone that wants to run RDP into their work PC from home when using a Mac.

I am not asking for help on the UAG configuration just explain some of the behaviour my testing has uncovered.

Here goes.

The application I have created I have included in the configuration the Remote Desktop Connection's application path, I have also added the option to for terminal to open the specific path.

open -a /Applications/Remote Desktop Connection.app/Contents/MacOS/Remote Desktop Connection

As you can see this is the default path for the RDP app when I run it from a terminal it will open the application correctly.

For some reason when I click on the application link the Mac tries to run the RDP application using a user profile location. It doesnt seem to recognise the open -a option.

UAG does use Java and I have enabled it for the browser and other applications work fine.

My question is this, how do I construct the command to run the application in such a way that a Mac will understand not to use a user profile?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.