Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:33 PM   #126
freeskier989
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFederale View Post
Hi Freeskier989,

Iím the new General Manager of Colcasac and Iím sorry to hear that your Retina sleeve does not fit your Retina. Iíd also like to apologize for any delay in communication in helping to get this problem resolved.

I can confirm that at the moment our Retina packaging is not yet in print due to the short time scales involved, but our Retina sleeves are made specifically for the Retina, in our Utah factory, and are designed to fit your laptop perfectly. If thatís not the case with your sleeve then we are at fault and weíll get this issue resolved for you.

Rest assured, if once I have gone through the information and can determine that you were either sent the wrong item, or that it did not fit, we will re-credit any amount you have paid for shipping it back to us (via the means that you made the payment), as well ensuring that you are sent the right item.

I can see Email and chat transcripts that relates to a similar issue in our system but please can you email contact@colcasac.com with your details (Ref: Freeskier989) so that I can be sure I am looking through the correct information. Or, please PM me and I will provide my direct Email.

I look forward to hearing from you and to getting this issue resolved quickly and satisfactorily.

Marcus
Well i have to gladly, reverse my take on your customer service. I was outreached by Mercedes and they sent out a new one. Originally i was going to say screw it just refund, but due to the nice and customer friendly response i received i opted to give them another chance to make good. Its on its way and will report back.

Thing is, i have to think the one i got was either just miss-stiched, or was for a 13" macbook because as i mentioned it did not fit correctly at all. I could not get it in evenly, with seams at the sides, and the bottom was wider than the rest leaving the end baggy and miss-fit. I will PM you my info, but think you do see the same person on your backend system conversations as myself.

Thanks again for really stepping up to the plate on this. As i said, im glad to be wrong about your company and look forward to seeing the product work for my laptop. Note to all - these guys are doing everything right to make the customer happy and thats all we can ask for.

Mark
freeskier989 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:50 PM   #127
EatMyApple
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier989 View Post
Well i have to gladly, reverse my take on your customer service. I was outreached by Mercedes and they sent out a new one. Originally i was going to say screw it just refund, but due to the nice and customer friendly response i received i opted to give them another chance to make good. Its on its way and will report back.

Thing is, i have to think the one i got was either just miss-stiched, or was for a 13" macbook because as i mentioned it did not fit correctly at all. I could not get it in evenly, with seams at the sides, and the bottom was wider than the rest leaving the end baggy and miss-fit. I will PM you my info, but think you do see the same person on your backend system conversations as myself.

Thanks again for really stepping up to the plate on this. As i said, im glad to be wrong about your company and look forward to seeing the product work for my laptop. Note to all - these guys are doing everything right to make the customer happy and thats all we can ask for.

Mark
And all it took was a public post on a forum where members post 'hey look at this case i just found, oh, and theres a video on youtube i just happened to stumble upon' yet they have the company linked in the sig.......

I'm glad they finally stepped up and solved their mistakes. Hope you get a case you are satisfied with and fits your rMBP.

I wonder what would have happened to those who didn't post on a forum.......
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:09 PM   #128
nightsky971
macrumors newbie

Anyone have experience with the Booq Boa Nerve:

http://www.booqbags.com/us/shoulder-bags/BNL-BLR
nightsky971 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:38 PM   #129
sampsun
macrumors newbie

Both my friend and me purchased this one:
https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/3...p&rpi=67860722
It is cheaper than most ones I have seen. By the deal it is only $25 and it's like 50% off.
And they are made by artists
sampsun is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:48 PM   #130
Fortimir
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorClark View Post
I can't find a single sleeve that I like (yeah... I'm very picky!).
I consider myself outrageously picky when it comes to cases. Don't tell me you don't think this one isn't good enough... unless there's some weird feature set you want. This is premium looks, build, durability, and size.

Making of video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-oT5iZ11k

Buy here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PicasoLab
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:35 PM   #131
wizzard21
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmoms View Post
Iím so getting that one. I donít even care how expensive it is, I want it with a burning passion. As soon as itís back in stockÖ
750 bucks, have fun! If I ever see you on the metro or out in dc, I'll be sure to compliment you!
wizzard21 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:52 PM   #132
gamerish
macrumors member

Thanks for whoever posted about Etsy, they have tons of great stuff!
gamerish is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:28 AM   #133
Jnava420
macrumors regular

ColcaSac

just received my black ColcaSac sleeve. First impressions are that I'm impressed with it. Seems to be well made and should last a long time. The hemp feel to the outside gives it this sturdiness almost a trick just idk i feel like its protected fairly well just because of the ruggedness of it. Inside its padded with a fluffy I'm not sure what you would call it but almost like cotton. The velcro latch gives a person comfort that the sleeve will stay close, even if you pick it up the wrong way. I don't see the front pocket getting too much use, but hey thats just me. I'm sure others could find a good use for it. Overall I think anyone that would purchase this sleeve would be happy with it and content that their RMBP is protected, plus you still keep a very slim profile with this beauty on.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:46 AM   #134
Fortimir
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard21 View Post
750 bucks, have fun! If I ever see you on the metro or out in dc, I'll be sure to compliment you!
Uhh... yikes. For that price you can get a designer bag from most anyone... but really, it makes the Picaso Lab slips @ $99 or the Waterfield cases @ $175 look like absolute STEALS. ;-)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:07 AM   #135
d3bruts1d
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to d3bruts1d Send a message via Yahoo to d3bruts1d
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier989 View Post
Well just received my ColcaSac for my Retina, and guess what? Does not even fit! Its like they made it the width of the iPad - i dont think they even had a Retina to make their pattern from, just made the one for the 15" hemmed in a bit more, making it not fit at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
Did you try to put it on ? When I first got mine, I looked at and looked at my rMBP and said there is no way this is going to fit, but then it did. It is a snug fit but fits perfectly.

Just how snug is yours? I got mine on Thursday but just now got around to looking at it. I can not slide mine straight in with the seams on the side, I basically have to have one seam on top and one on bottom which messes with the position of the velcro and causes a "puffy" area in one of the corners.

I like the case for the most part, but it does not feel like it was made specifically for the rMBP. I'm also concerend about the seams rubbing the rMBP over time (it's that tight in areas).
d3bruts1d is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:52 AM   #136
freeskier989
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3bruts1d View Post
Just how snug is yours? I got mine on Thursday but just now got around to looking at it. I can not slide mine straight in with the seams on the side, I basically have to have one seam on top and one on bottom which messes with the position of the velcro and causes a "puffy" area in one of the corners.

I like the case for the most part, but it does not feel like it was made specifically for the rMBP. I'm also concerend about the seams rubbing the rMBP over time (it's that tight in areas).
Thats what mine was like. The thing was too small to make the seams fit flush on the sides and that in turn made the whole thing not fold over with the flap correctly, and the bottom was baggy because of the taper effect.

Sounds like you received one just like i did. My replacement comes tomorrow, we will see if i get another bad one or if i get one that is fixed. They have been receptive and even reached out to me on the posts here.
freeskier989 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:07 PM   #137
IGotuBagged
macrumors newbie

Im currently waiting on this: http://www.gearzap.com/incipio-feath...ina-black.html
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:33 PM   #138
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:

I can slide mine in and there is no baggy area or gap. I wonder if there was a batch that got switched somehow on accident.
leenak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:19 PM   #139
keramidas
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortimir View Post
I consider myself outrageously picky when it comes to cases. Don't tell me you don't think this one isn't good enough... unless there's some weird feature set you want. This is premium looks, build, durability, and size.

Making of video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-oT5iZ11k

Buy here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PicasoLab
wow
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:20 PM   #140
Fortimir
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by keramidas View Post
wow
Word. I thought they looked amazing... then I watched that video. I ordered one immediately.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:34 PM   #141
newbiemacgirl
macrumors newbie

Anybody get the Laptop Suede Jacket Sleeve yet from sfbags.com? It looks so sleek and I'm very tempted but I worry about it being too snug and not giving the rMBP enough protection.
newbiemacgirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:58 PM   #142
psykick5
macrumors 6502

I got the Thule case at the Apple Store and I like it a lot. For now I'm carrying it in an American Express bag I got for free at a conference in Vegas. Probably will get the bigger Thule backpack later this summer, though.
psykick5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:19 PM   #143
Themegamacman
macrumors member

I don't normally go with Incase but their prices have dropped quite a bit, and for 20 bucks for the grey/orange one, I thought it was a reasonable purchase. Their warranty is good (dealt with it before, all went smoothly). I got it off Amazon.

Incase Neoprene Sleeve for the 15" MBP (works for rMBP too, just slightly loose but still a good fit)

You guys here have some pretty darn nice cases, I love them. I actually kind of like the felt ones, although I wouldn't buy one for myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71NShIt5UKL.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	345823  
Themegamacman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:23 PM   #144
soundtracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampsun View Post
Both my friend and me purchased this one:
https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/3...p&rpi=67860722
It is cheaper than most ones I have seen. By the deal it is only $25 and it's like 50% off.
And they are made by artists
Man, I missed this deal! Let us know what you think of them, if theyre worth full price.
soundtracker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:55 PM   #145
keramidas
macrumors member

Quote:
Word. I thought they looked amazing... then I watched that video. I ordered one immediately.
man i already have a case and as soon as i saw it i decided to order one.

i selected black and red, tried to order and before i could fill in the details it was sold out....

only brown left
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:00 PM   #146
Fortimir
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by keramidas View Post
i selected black and red, tried to order and before i could fill in the details it was sold out....
Etsy is really weird about how they make vendors display stock. I'd contact Alex at Picaso Lab and ask him. Since they are made-to-order, I can't imagine why he couldn't take care of you. Really nice guy and the only guy doing it all!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:08 PM   #147
keramidas
macrumors member

Quote:
Etsy is really weird about how they make vendors display stock. I'd contact Alex at Picaso Lab and ask him. Since they are made-to-order, I can't imagine why he couldn't take care of you. Really nice guy and the only guy doing it all!
Yeah maybe that's better and it's the whole "shipping to Canada" thing.. I should probably ask about that, even though NAFTA exists (supposedly no duties on north-american-produced products) still people at customs just do whatever-they-basically-want.

by the man, congrats on the website man, impressive work. well done.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:10 PM   #148
davidrellis
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I received my sleeve early this week and I did notice that the sides of the sleeve were narrower on mouth of the sleeve down to the bottom of the sleeve. The reason I'm asking is because I haven't received my rmbp yet and I'd like to know if I might have issues with the sleeve.
Did it look like this, because that's what mine looks like maybe except a bit more narrower sides.

Thanks for your help!
davidrellis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:13 PM   #149
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrellis View Post
I received my sleeve early this week and I did notice that the sides of the sleeve were narrower on mouth of the sleeve down to the bottom of the sleeve. The reason I'm asking is because I haven't received my rmbp yet and I'd like to know if I might have issues with the sleeve.
Did it look like this, because that's what mine looks like maybe except a bit more narrower sides.

Thanks for your help!
Mine was narrow like that and I didn't think it'd fit but it fit perfectly.
leenak is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:20 PM   #150
davidrellis
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
Mine was narrow like that and I didn't think it'd fit but it fit perfectly.
Thanks! I've been reading that it really is a tight fit and then it loosens up a bit.
Hopefully that is the case with my sleeve.
davidrellis is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro