Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDoggery

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
Previous...

mle_001.jpg

PearlJam

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
New iMac, bought the day after WWDC 2012 (couldn't wait any longer!)

Attachments

• Pastebot 2012-06-23 13.13.54 PM.jpg
    Pastebot 2012-06-23 13.13.54 PM.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 949

bounou

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
My home setup, RMBP hooked up to a thunderbolt display with a wireless keyboard, usb superdrive and magic trackpad, also see a 3rd gen iPad with dock that mostly gets used to control my Sonos system when it's in the office and of course the best part, my chrome coaster!

The non apple stuff is a pair of western digital external hd's, one wireless and one usb 3.0 (thank god for that, so much faster!)a Sonos connect hooked up to a logitech Z5500 set of 5.1 speakers, a logitech g13 Gameboard and G9x mouse for when i want to get my Diablo 3 on!!!

Still not crazy about the external storage solution, would love a thunderbolt NAS with raid 1 and the speakers take too much space and have too many cables, thinking of replacing them with B&W MM-1.

Attachments

• 2012-06-23 13.36.34.jpg
    2012-06-23 13.36.34.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,239

pHeNom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2009
Houston TX!
ive been lurking this thread and past threads for a couple of weeks now and I finally pulled the trigger on buying a new computer desk, went to Ikea today and bought the galant series. just wondering those who already have it what tools do I need to put it together? and any advice to make it come together easier?

thanks!

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
ive been lurking this thread and past threads for a couple of weeks now and I finally pulled the trigger on buying a new computer desk, went to Ikea today and bought the galant series. just wondering those who already have it what tools do I need to put it together? and any advice to make it come together easier?

thanks!

I just finished building 2 tables/desks, a media center, and a self all from Ikea (unfortunately not the galant). However, the only tools I used were a phillips head and flat head screwdrivers, an included hex wrench, and a hammer, everyday common tools to say the least.

I'm not sure which units you bought, but under the description of the product on the Ikea site you can download the assembly instructions and it will have which tools you will need

Last edited:

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I have completely redone everything in my home office so it doesn't look like this anymore. Nonetheless, thought I'd share this pic from a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 805

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I've just got to get some LED lighting...That looks great...Does it have an impact on your eyes in use though?

Nope. It actually makes it a lot more pleasant to have the lighting in the background. It's not as intense as the picture makes it out to be. Those LED bars came from Ikea, btw.

pHeNom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2009
Houston TX!
I just finished building 2 tables/desks, a media center, and a self all from Ikea (unfortunately not the galant). However, the only tools I used were a phillips head and flat head screwdrivers, an included hex wrench, and a hammer, everyday common tools to say the least.

I'm not sure which units you bought, but under the description of the product on the Ikea site you can download the assembly instructions and it will have which tools you will need

Thanks for the heads up!

I got this btw.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
finally got it hooked up to dvi. stupid apple mini display port to dvi adapter wasnt working right it was causing pixels problems. bought a kanex mini display port to dvi-d adapter and now no issues.

IMG_0423.JPG

bbergie

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Calgary
The addition of my Thunderbolt display

Here's my updated setup. I've recently added the Apple Thunderbolt Display. I had contemplated putting my MacBook Air on a stand to take advantage of the dual displays, but I found the 27" real estate available on the Thunderbolt to be more than sufficient for my needs. Consequently, I have more room on my desk surface for the residual print materials in my life. :)

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 876
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 832
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 838
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.