Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage26.png

The massively popular Tweetbot iOS Twitter client is coming to the Mac, with development of the app well underway, according to a tweet by Tapbots designer Mark Jardine.

Tweetbot, a favorite of Twitter power users, arrived on the iPad earlier this year, after becoming one of the most popular Twitter clients on the iPhone.

Article Link: Popular Twitter Client Tweetbot Coming to the Mac

Qwaf

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
It is probably also worth mentioning that both @tapbot_paul and @markjardine have been posting from 'Tweetbot for Mac' for a few days.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
It is probably also worth mentioning that both @tapbot_paul and @markjardine have been posting from 'Tweetbot for Mac' for a few days.

Holy crap...just noticed Paul Haddad's last tweet. It was from Tweetbot for the Mac.

Sorry Osfoora....I've got a new girl coming.

:D

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I own Tweetbot for iPad and iPhone. But do tell me, why should I get it for Mac, and what advantage would it serve over the Twitter for Mac client?

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
I own Tweetbot for iPad and iPhone. But do tell me, why should I get it for Mac, and what advantage would it serve over the Twitter for Mac client?

Easier to switch to conversation view in Tweetbot.

Qwaf

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010

For the same reasons you use Tweetbot for iOS over Twitter for iOS? I find this question odd..

For me, it is the extra features, nice UI design, great level of polish and fantastic support.

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag

A client that is actually updated (Twitter has no desire to update the Mac or iPad app, apparently).

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Nice to see. TweetDeck has gone to junk since Twitter bought it. Use to be updated almost weekly, now you never see updated. Locks up all the time and lacks features it use to have when it was privately run.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
UI is a bit too similar to the main Twitter client is it not?

You can't really judge a Tapbot app by appearance because where they excel at is all those "little" tweaks that add up to a great experience.

When I heard Tapbots was making a Twitter app my eyes rolled. Not another twitter app.

I had tried Twitterific, Twitilator, Twitter Official, Tweetie and Osfoora and the one that to me just seems to offer the right blend of features, performance and UI is Tweetbot.

I'm buying the Mac version day 1

kristoffer4

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
I like it though I would like it if the color was silver like twitter and Sparrow but all the other Tweetbot app are black so that wouldn't fit I guess.

What I like about silver is that it matches my menu back perfect. :D

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005

If you don't see how Twitter for Mac is utter garbage then I don't know what to tell you.

Asmod4n

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
The first occurrence about Tweetbot for Mac was over a year ago afaik, i hope they only have to polish it, would spend 15 bucks on it.

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
Maybe they should concentrate on fixing Push for the iOS app first. Hasn't worked for me since updating to 5.1.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.