Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1
jtrain907
macrumors newbie

Remove FB birthdays from Calendar

I am annoyed with seeing everyone's birthday in my calendar from the Facebook integration. How can this be deleted.
jtrain907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2
8a22a
macrumors 6502a

Not sure if you can easily remove them but you can hide them.

Tap Calendars button at the top left then scroll down until you see Facebook, there you untick events and birthdays.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3
applefanDrew
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrain907 View Post
I am annoyed with seeing everyone's birthday in my calendar from the Facebook integration. How can this be deleted.
Turn off the calendar integration for Facebook.
applefanDrew is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:01 PM   #4
4ndr3w
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8a22a View Post
Not sure if you can easily remove them but you can hide them.

Tap Calendars button at the top left then scroll down until you see Facebook, there you untick events and birthdays.
That hides in in the Calendar app itself, but the Birthdays still show up in Notification center and I'm hoping it's just a bug. I really don't care if I see the Birthdays in the Calendar app, I just don't want them hiding real events I have created in the Calendar app.

I know I could turn off Facebook and Calendar integration all together, but I do like the implantation of actual Facebook events better then just subscribing to an ICS or whatever file from the Facebook server.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:08 PM   #5
liv2wrshp
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to liv2wrshp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndr3w View Post
That hides in in the Calendar app itself, but the Birthdays still show up in Notification center and I'm hoping it's just a bug. I really don't care if I see the Birthdays in the Calendar app, I just don't want them hiding real events I have created in the Calendar app.

I know I could turn off Facebook and Calendar integration all together, but I do like the implantation of actual Facebook events better then just subscribing to an ICS or whatever file from the Facebook server.
I agree with this. I have wayyyyy too many birthdays on my ical now. How do I remove them? I like some of the other birthdays. Not 1000's of facebook ones.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 04:10 PM   #6
brylliant
Banned

Open settings and then choose 'Facebook'.
Then under "Allow These Apps to Use Your Account" turn Calendar off. Birthdays will be gone but so will your events.
brylliant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:59 AM   #7
*Calypso*
macrumors regular

The birthdays are not (only) in the calendar, but in the (linked) Facebook contacts in your address book. You can hide them in Calendar.app, but they will still show up in Notification Center due to the general lack of a hide option there.
*Calypso* is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 08:10 PM   #8
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

If you turn off calendars and contacts they will disappear.
aDRock1154 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:41 PM   #9
Vilcaed
macrumors newbie

I actually found a pretty half decent fix:
If you want to be notified of events, but you don't want them in your notification center, you can turn them off in the notification center, but keep the banner and show in lock screen on. That way if you need an alert, it beeps, but otherwise it won't distract you
Vilcaed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:49 AM   #10
TheBuffather
macrumors regular

Yeah this is really annoying me too. I can't remove the birthdays and events, even if I disable them in settings. This is a huge problem for me.
TheBuffather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:14 AM   #11
tomahawk1277
macrumors newbie

How to remove Facebook Birthdays from the calendar

You can remove Facebook birthdays from your calendar by opening up the Calendar app itself, clicking "Calendars", and scrolling down to "Birthdays" under the Facebook category. When I unchecked this, they disappeared from my calendar but were still in my notification center. Not sure if it's because they were there already today, or if there's something else I have to do to remove those.
tomahawk1277 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:46 AM   #12
ckalinec
macrumors newbie

I have to agree with what's been said here. I really like having my facebook events added to my calendar. But I really don't like seeing a birthday on every single day of the month. It would be great to have a setting to toggle what is added to the calendar. Not just an all or nothing toggle like we have now
ckalinec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:40 AM   #13
forza69
macrumors 6502a

Not an issue for me. I actually have real friends on Facebook, so having a reminder in my calendar that it's their birthday isn't a big deal.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:37 PM   #14
ffohwx
macrumors member

In Settings --> Facebook, turn off contacts. This removes any contacts that FB added to your contact list, as well as birthdays. If you leave calendar on and turn contacts off, you have events on your calendar, but not Birthdays. You can still tap "Update all Contacts" to connect your existing contacts with their FB profiles and their profile pictures.
ffohwx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:54 AM   #15
katie101
macrumors newbie

you can remove the birthday from your notifications by turning everything off from your Facebook in the settings, and the go to your apps and if you have the birthday app, DELETE IT. hope this helps! it worked for me!
katie101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:33 AM   #16
kkd6259
macrumors newbie

I found a fix because I had the same problem. I could erase the birthdays from the actual calendar app, but they would still be in the notifications area. so here what I did to rid them...
1: Settings
2:Notifications
3:scroll down to Facebook
4:Turn Badge App Icon switch to 'Off'
and there you go! I was so happy when they went away!!! : D
kkd6259 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 09:30 AM   #17
scyap
macrumors member

Solution has been said above so many times but seems like many aren't reading them

Just disable both Calender and Contacts

scyap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 09:49 AM   #18
donrsd
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrain907 View Post

1. Tap Calendar
  2. Click Calendars on the top left
  3. Uncheck Facebook --> Calendars(I also uncheck Facebook --> Facebook Events)
  4. Click Done on the top right

Quote Me So I Am Notified
donrsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:17 AM   #19
michaeljohn
Banned

Got them out of my notification bar but Siri still shows them when I ask what I have scheduled a certain day. How do you fix that?
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:09 PM   #20
Djhalfbaked
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyap View Post
Solution has been said above so many times but seems like many aren't reading them

Just disable both Calender and Contacts

They are reading them.. I don't think YOU are reading them. Your solution does NOT work to remove birthdays from notification centre.... :/

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkd6259 View Post
I found a fix because I had the same problem. I could erase the birthdays from the actual calendar app, but they would still be in the notifications area. so here what I did to rid them...
1: Settings
2:Notifications
3:scroll down to Facebook
4:Turn Badge App Icon switch to 'Off'
and there you go! I was so happy when they went away!!! : D
This works!! Great job, thanks alot
Djhalfbaked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:09 AM   #21
datadave
macrumors newbie

Removing Birthdays posted from Facebook

Go to calendars, tab top scroll down, scroll all the way down to Facebook Birthdays and uncheck it.... you will remove all of your Facebook birthdays without affecting birthdays you put in manually on your phone.
datadave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:49 PM   #22
Maplaw
macrumors newbie

Angry Facebook birthdays in calendar

Ok so if you still use Facebook and you want to hide birthdays all of your responses are able to do this.
I have deleted all of the content in my Facebook account including I friending everyone and then sent the request to delete my account, I had my Facebook account since 2008 and over 300 friends. So my account has now completed the 14 days to completely delete what ever is left of my data on Facebook. Which was only my name. My problem is I still have the birthday data on my iPad I don't want to switch it off I want it deleted. This is the exact reason for getting off Facebook we have totally lost control of our ability to chose what we want to look at.
PLEASE HELP
Maplaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:08 PM   #23
chznrice
macrumors newbie

stupid birthdays

1. I cannot get rid of the birthday notifications!! I have unchecked the birthday box in the calender app, and I have completely turned off facebook in the settings app and the birthday still come back. its like a never ending nightmare. when i uncheck the birthday box in the calender app, it gets rid of the birthdays for a few days and then they come back! what do i do??
chznrice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:30 AM   #24
C DM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chznrice View Post
  1. I cannot get rid of the birthday notifications!! I have unchecked the birthday box in the calender app, and I have completely turned off facebook in the settings app and the birthday still come back. its like a never ending nightmare. when i uncheck the birthday box in the calender app, it gets rid of the birthdays for a few days and then they come back! what do i do??
You can try Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Alert Times (In the Calendars section a little ways down) > Birthdays > None.
C DM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:45 AM   #25
tomrannosaurus
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
You can try Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Alert Times (In the Calendars section a little ways down) > Birthdays > None.
This removes the birthdays from notification center.
tomrannosaurus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6