Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smiller4128

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
I felt I should post about this after my experience with playing Diablo III on my new RMBP for the past several days.

First off, I'm not sure if Diablo III has already updated to Retina quality or not. All that I know is that when I loaded it up the other night and started playing...I was absolutely blown away! There is SO much detail in the game (although I've only been playing single player so far) and the fps has been so good I haven't noticed anything bad about it at all! (not sure what gps in getting. Just loaded the game, started playing, and it's never been less than stellar)

Now it is an intensive game so the fans of course will kick on like their supposed to. However, even on high I notice that the fans have to be somewhere between 40%-50% quieter than last years model. With that being said, there is ALWAYS going to be noise. This is not due to bad fan design though as fans themselves dont actually make too much noise. Moving air fast creates noise. That's how it is, that's how it's always going to be. Ever heard of a noise-less wind? ;) But as I mentioned it's a great improvement over the last generation and Diablo III is such a joy to play on the new RMBP.

alexiszorba

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
exactly, the noise of the rmbp comes more from the flow of air itself than the fan. The flow of air makes noise as it goes through the system components and the vents. This is a huge improvement because the noise of airflow is way less disturbing than the noise of a fan imho.
For me that's one of the greatest feature of this laptop :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.