Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Step 1: Plug in your iDevice to your computer and open iTunes. Right click on your device and select "Backup"

Step 2: After the backup is done, click "Restore" If that does not work, go into DFU mode and restore.

Step 3: Do not put your backup back on your device. Exit out of iTunes and download Absinthe 2 here. After you have downloaded it, make your it recognizes your device, and push jailbreak (No DFU! :D)It will go through the jailbreak process.

Step 4: Go into iTunes, right click on your iDevice, and click "restore from backup" This will not erase your jailbreak!

Enjoy your jailbreak :)

If you have any questions, PM me, quote me, or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
Step 1: Plug in your iDevice to your computer and open iTunes. Right click on your device and select "Backup"

Step 2: After the backup is done, click "Restore" If that does not work, go into DFU mode and restore.

Step 3: Do not put your backup back on your device. Exit out of iTunes and download Absinthe 2 here. After you have downloaded it, make your it recognizes your device, and push jailbreak (No DFU! :D)It will go through the jailbreak process.

Step 4: Go into iTunes, right click on your iDevice, and click "restore from backup" This will not erase your jailbreak!

Enjoy your jailbreak :)

If you have any questions, PM me, quote me, or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com

It would be ideal to restore as new phone, then once complete "sync" from backup.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it with my search but is it necessary to restore the phone before using absinthe? In the past I was able to JB without a restore and that's kind of the route I want to go this time. Please advise.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
my phone has been unlocked and restored, can I JB without losing my unlock. I will be selling my phone soon and having it JB I think will help add to the sale.

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
my phone has been unlocked and restored, can I JB without losing my unlock. I will be selling my phone soon and having it JB I think will help add to the sale.

Unlocked how? Ultrasnow, IMEI, Gevey?

Depending on how you unlocked will determine the steps and how careful you need to be.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Anyone else unable to find Absinthe 2.0.4 online? It seems as if Google has pulled all of their links/mirrors from their servers.

EDIT: After some more searching, I was able to finally find a mirror that works. So many of these are getting pulled, for whatever reason.

http://bayfiles.com/fi
le/blxB/AtveNW/Absinthe_2.0.4_Uploded_by_Tra4nce.zip

I can vouch that this link is actually Absinthe 2.0.4, and it includes both the Mac .dmg and the Windows .exe.

Last edited:

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Did you use the tool without wiping your phone first? I don't really want to wipe my phone. I'd like to JB mine as it is right now but I don't want any errors

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Did you use the tool without wiping your phone first? I don't really want to wipe my phone. I'd like to JB mine as it is right now but I don't want any errors

Seriously, if you can't follow directions then don't do it. There's no such thing as "i don't want any errors". If you really don't want any errors then stay stock.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
You will not lose your unlock. Feel free to restore or jb or whatever.

Awesome..

brofist.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.