Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I asked Siri if the heat was going to win tonight to which she replied "no one is giving me predictions, but the thunder has the better record though." Then, I noticed her speech bubble change text and thought it was a glitch, but the scoreboard updates every few seconds with her commentary in the bubble changing constantly while I'm doing nothing more than starring at the screen. I can't upload more than one image as I'm on my iPhone, sorry. But this is awesome!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 197

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
I asked Siri if the heat was going to win tonight to which she replied "no one is giving me predictions, but the thunder has the better record though." Then, I noticed her speech bubble change text and thought it was a glitch, but the scoreboard updates every few seconds with her commentary in the bubble changing constantly while I'm doing nothing more than starring at the screen. I can't upload more than one image as I'm on my iPhone, sorry. But this is awesome!!!

Didn't they highlight this feature at WWDC?

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Didn't they highlight this feature at WWDC?

They said she has access to live scores yes, but they didn't say that you could sit there and watch the screen like a scoreboard or how Siri keeps you up-to-date with new commentary. This is just great.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Sick. Now Siri can do what ESPN, Yahoo, and a host of other apps and websites could do (many) years ago?

Cool, I guess?

iPhoneApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2011
Hope Apple adds more cool features like this in Siri! Would be nice if Siri could send you updates on games every set amount of time.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
I was searching the forums and came across this thread, and it intrigues me. Can someone confirm if this still works in Beta 3, and with other sports too?

Last edited:

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sick. Now Siri can do what ESPN, Yahoo, and a host of other apps and websites could do (many) years ago?

Cool, I guess?

Isn't it great that the iPhone can make phone calls, oh but wait, the very first phone ever was able to do that too :D:D

Well, maybe you thought the feature as useless for you personally. I'm not a sports fan that much, but I think it's way faster than checking the ESPN website or even the app. :)

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Isn't it great that the iPhone can make phone calls, oh but wait, the very first phone ever was able to do that too :D:D

Well, maybe you thought the feature as useless for you personally. I'm not a sports fan that much, but I think it's way faster than checking the ESPN website or even the app. :)

Well put! I completely agree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.