Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
So the Photo App on the iPad is decent, but it isn't really all that amazing.
Do any of you guys have suggestions to alternatives that are definitely worth trying (emphasis on features etc, not on price [ie. i dont care about the price])

Reasoning: I honestly just want to try other "photo Album apps" to just test out and see if i have a pref. over that or the preloaded app.

I did try "Pics" - a Windows Phone 7 like Photo Album and it's decent, but still looking for more opinions :)

thanks

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Is this a subtle ad? The app you mentioned seem to be pretty lousy.

lol no, i just said i tried it, and it was decent for viewing pictures, but it wasn't what i wanted (but yeah it is pretty lousy) lolz.

thanks all, ill give those a shot :)

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
my uses are basic too, just to look at photos.
But another thing, I hate how the Photos app (preloaded one) copies the images rather than actually moves it. It's so annoying when I'm organizing.

Does iPhoto fix this issue or is it just the photo app with additional photo touching capabilities?

Hagenbard

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Good post. I'm not even keeping any downloaded photos on my iPad cause of the idiotic lack of a move feature, i just keep everything in Evernote. I can't believe they aren't going to fix this in iOS 6! Anyway, any other photo managing software would be great.

jonathanwills

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
There are so many apps available.. Some are worth trying..May be you can check Photo Album - Photobook..Hope this helps

Best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.