Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iamnezzy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Byfleet, UK
I know there is an older version of this thread but i thought i'd revive it as i always find it interesting to see what people have on there dock, my apologies if this has already been done, anyway, post away....

*If you could explain whats on your dock that would be great*

Having said all that my dock is about as basic as it gets, most stuff is tucked away in Launchpad :eek:

Finder, Mail Safari, Firefox, App Store, Garageband, Spotify, iTunes, Photo Booth, iPhoto, System Preferences, Launchpad, Utilities, Trash

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This is my MBP...

Attachments

• Dock.png
    Dock.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 364

Team Timm

macrumors regular
May 17, 2012
FL
Mba

I utilize quicksilver, so these are the only icons that stay on the dock.

Finder, Mail, Safari, and iTunes : DropBox and Trash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 10.10.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 10.10.40 AM.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3,459

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
From my 2010 MBA

cb_dock.jpg

Finder, Chrome, Mail, iCal, Address, Messages, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Skydrive, OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniPlan, MindManager, Aperture, Lightroom, Parallels, iCompta, VLC, iTunes, VNC, 1Password, iCal Reply Checker, Launchpad, Preview

Joradian

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
Texas
Here is my MBP dock. I have my icons seperated into the following:

[General Web] [Work/School] [Gaming]

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-22 at 10.45.28 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-22 at 10.45.28 AM.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 274

LouisLivesLife

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
What's the search bar?

jW

It's actually a widget you can put in your dashboard but I tweaked it in terminal so that you can put it onto your desktop, I'm sure you can find the process of doing it online somewhere! It's been quite useful to me and i think you're able to put other widgets on your dt too should that be your preference.

Hope it helped, Louis

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
It's actually a widget you can put in your dashboard but I tweaked it in terminal so that you can put it onto your desktop, I'm sure you can find the process of doing it online somewhere! It's been quite useful to me and i think you're able to put other widgets on your dt too should that be your preference.

Hope it helped, Louis

Yeah, I know how to put that on my Desktop. Does it float over everything else, then? That's the main reason I haven't used that trick, but I dunno if it's changed since I last did it.

jW

LouisLivesLife

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Yeah, I know how to put that on my Desktop. Does it float over everything else, then? That's the main reason I haven't used that trick, but I dunno if it's changed since I last did it.

jW

Yep, it still does. However it hasn't bothered me so far because of it's postitioning. When I use normal apps it doesnt cover anything because the window doesn't reach under the dock and in fullscreen it's just hanging there in the bottom right corner!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.