Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 22, 2005, 05:42 PM   #1
jesuscandle
macrumors regular

flaky ibook screen (and more)

iBook G3 900Mhz

Problem 1: My Fn key no longer works. Does that just happen? Any ideas on how to fix it?

A week or two ago, I was trying to fix the keyboard and I didn't re-seat it properly. When I closed the lid to put the computer to sleep a few keys were pressed. This caused the computer to fall asleep and wake up rapidly. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this before I went to work, so it spent a whole day doing this.

Ever since....

Problem 2: Putting my computer to sleep is no longer instant. Before this incident, I'd click sleep or close the lid and it would fall asleep instantly. Now it grinds for a good 10 or 15 seconds before it sleeps.

Problem 3: The screen is flaky. It seems like a backlight issue, where the light just cuts out intermittently. Moving the lid will usually bring it back, but it's very annoying. Sometimes, the backlight seems to strain to stay lit. I imagine I could have overheated the backlight, but I wouldn't expect moving the lid to remedy that. Any ideas?

So..3 problems. I'm most worried about the screen, as that could render the ibook unusable and I'm not quite ready to upgrade.

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks.
jesuscandle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs