Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hi, I've been working around the clock this past week to get my app ready for mountain lion. Now my question is, which of the following do people think I should do to promote it best?

1 - Submit it to the MAS now, for immediate release after review and just advertise it as being ready for Mountain Lion already?
2 - Submit it to the MAS for review, but then release once ML is released?
3 - Wait for Apple to send out their email requesting developers submit their ML ready apps, then submit it to the MAS for review? If this is best, should I mark it for immediate release, or select a date?

I've never actually had my apps ready to take advantage of new features so quickly before... I've always said "I'm going to do it", but implementation normally takes so much longer and by the time I release the OS is a month or two old. So... Thoughts? Has anyone else on the forums ever had their app's ready in time for major OS update?

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I don't have an app out there, but if I were in your shoes, I would submit it and hold release. Then I would switch into full marketing mode, contacting bloggers, possibly choosing one site to have an exclusive review, and other forms of promotion. Then I would very deliberately release it at a pre-determined time. Build hype now.

Between now and then, I would be working on polishing my product site, creating professional press kits, nailing your support documents and making the best demo video screencasts possible (find a young female with a british accent to do the voiceover--pay her in Cadbury chocolate). Marketing is as important as the code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.