Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davieis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Melbourne, AU
Hi all,

Any of you guys get a slight yellow tint on your screen? I just got my MBP and the bottom half is slightly warmer than the top. Similar to the iPad 3 issues.

Wonder what is causing these damn yellow screens. Unsure if I should return it or just keep it.

Calvinosaurus

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
New Jersey
My rMBP doesn't have this issue thankfully, but my Thunderbolt display does...I never bothered returning it since it doesn't bother me too much and I don't use it for color sensitive photo work. But if you notice it a lot and it's bothering you, then return/exchange it...no sense in keeping something you paid a lot of money for if it's going to bother you.

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
I'd return it if I were you. It's just something you shouldn't have to put up with, particularly as it's your screen and that is one of the main selling points of this model. I returned my MacBook Pro 13" 2011 two times before my screen issues were worked out. Two of them had a weird discolouration that was only really visible from an angle, but it was bothersome nonetheless. While you will have to wait for a replacement, Apple is pretty good about just swapping the machines out. Can be a pain if you've already waited to receive your RMBP, though. All the best!

Davieis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Melbourne, AU
Thanks guys. Just compared mine with a friend's MBP and his colour is completely uniform. Mine has a crisp white at the top but a dull yellowy white at the bottom. Will call Apple tomorrow.

Not going to put up with this for a 2.5K computer.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
Yep, take it back. Apple really needs better quality control. I returned 5(!!!) iMacs and 3 ipad 3s before giving up on each. My Macbook Air, however, got it right the first time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.