Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
My iPod Touch 4g is really slow since the new jailbreak and I cant find out why. I only have two pages of apps (Stock apps included). I also only have 17 mobile substrate addons.I still have 16 Gbs left so its not a memory problem. And when I kill all apps the most i get is around 120 Mbs when i used to get around 180-200 Mbs. I've also disabled all the safe launch daemons so i have no idea why its being so slow. can anyone help me out with this?

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
My iPod Touch 4g is really slow since the new jailbreak and I cant find out why. I only have two pages of apps (Stock apps included). I also only have 17 mobile substrate addons.I still have 16 Gbs left so its not a memory problem. And when I kill all apps the most i get is around 120 Mbs when i used to get around 180-200 Mbs. I've also disabled all the safe launch daemons so i have no idea why its being so slow. can anyone help me out with this?

uhmmmmm unjailbreak it? its not really supposed to be jailbroken. i was going to jailbreak my iPhone but decided not to sacrifice speed. a jailbreak will always have bogs and will never be perfect.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012

Have you tried restoring and re-jailbreaking it? Runnning langpack?

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
uhmmmmm unjailbreak it? its not really supposed to be jailbroken. i was going to jailbreak my iPhone but decided not to sacrifice speed. a jailbreak will always have bogs and will never be perfect.

What speed sacrifice? Jailbreaking actually made mine faster because there are so many tweaks that optimize the device.

OP, I think I know what is wrong, before you jailbreak you are supposed to delete all content and settings on your device. If you restore it the problem will be solved.

Oh, and don't download Winterboard or Dreamboard, those kill your speed bad.

And for your RAM problem, 17 tweaks will do that to you, I'd suggest going through and deleting the ones you don't want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.