Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I just upgraded to Lion and decided to open Font Book and run the "Validate fonts" option. It came up with some duplicate fonts, which I removed to the trash. Oddly enough, if I run the same command it still finds the same fonts as duplicates. Also, I'm sure the fonts that Safari is using for the MacRumors forums is different now. Any way I can undo what just happened or properly manage my font situation? If I open the trash there appear to be 22 identical iterations of each font that Font Book flagged. Help!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Did you try restarting your Mac after deleting the duplicate fonts? Do so, without emptying the Trash.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I just restarted and it's the same different font.

Here's what it looks like now that I moved supposedly duplicate fonts to the trash.

And here's a sample of two of the fonts in my trash.

Attachments

• MRFafter.png
    MRFafter.png
    114 KB · Views: 142
  • Fonts.png
    Fonts.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 137

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
It looks normal to me.
The font is different from how it normally looks.

Here's a screenshot of the MacRumors Forums taken from the Guest account which has all-default settings. This is how it normally appears, and the original screenshot is how my normal account appears ever since I moved the "duplicate" fonts to the trash.

Attachments

• MRFbefore.png
    MRFbefore.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I should add that when I boot into Safe Mode, the font for the MacRumors Forums and a few other sites that display the wrong font display perfectly normally. How can I get my normal user account back to that state, then?

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I'll finish this thread by saying that some fonts were somehow disabled. I reenabled them in Font Book and the few websites that displayed differently went back to normal.

Here's what Font Book originally said (and still says) when I go to "Validate Fonts."

Attachments

• FontBook.png
    FontBook.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 162
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.