Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mario24601

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Are people still using Zephyr? Specifically those with 4S? Also price went up from 2.99 to 4.99, seems like high jump. Wonder if iOS 6 will make Zephyr obsolete?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I use Zephyr and I'm on a 4S on 5.1.1. Absolutely love it. I disabled it in most of my games because I was constant swiping out of the game but once I got that sorted out I havent been disappointed once. When I was finally able to jailbreak 5.1.1, I too noticed the price went up substantially. I paid the $5 for it but it's a "staple" for me like lockinfo and bitesms. So I don't have a problem paying a premium for something I use every single time I use my phone. Plus if that's motivation for the developer to continue to update and innovate, well I'm perfectly happy paying. I prefer not to spend money on software that is poorly supported but the devs behind these three mentioned apps are all very responsive.

I highly recommend Zephyr.

alec6542

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
I downloaded Zephyr expecting it to be something really interesting, but then I noticed it basically does what I already had my activator settings set up to do. For example, my Activator settings are: In Application: Swipe Status Bar left or Right => Home Button, Swipe Top left or right down => App Switcher.
So basically, I found the tweak pointless. Or am I missing something?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yes it can open the switcher with just a quick swipe up from anywhere on the bottom, I also use the swipe left and right gestures to switch between apps. Plus I love the way it exposes the notification center and how a quick swipe up from the bottom closes an app. The fact it has robust settings where I can adjust the swipe sensitivities and disable it in specific apps gives it a very polished feel.

I'm not gonna lie, at first I had the same reaction as you. I previously used Activator swipe from the screen bottom to open the switcher. So at first I didn't understand what all the rave was about zephyr. But after using it for a little while and getting use to swiping in and out of apps, the cool animation for the NC, and quickly swiping to close an app, I couldn't imagine NOT using it anymore.

wolfgang666

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
I use Zephyr and I'm on a 4S on 5.1.1. Absolutely love it. I disabled it in most of my games because I was constant swiping out of the game but once I got that sorted out I havent been disappointed once. When I was finally able to jailbreak 5.1.1, I too noticed the price went up substantially. I paid the $5 for it but it's a "staple" for me like lockinfo and bitesms. So I don't have a problem paying a premium for something I use every single time I use my phone. Plus if that's motivation for the developer to continue to update and innovate, well I'm perfectly happy paying. I prefer not to spend money on software that is poorly supported but the devs behind these three mentioned apps are all very responsive.

I highly recommend Zephyr.

how do u disable Zephyr in particular games??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.