Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
I have only been following tech blogs for the past couple of years so I may be way off here and please explain why. But with the past 2 weeks of leaked info and shots of the Mac App i think it has to be coming this week. Next week is 4th of July so why would they ever release it when tons of people will be on vacation. Getting it out this week or the week after the 4th makes the most sense. And with the recent rise in leaks im thinking sooner rather than later.

CDutch

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
My best guess would be after Mountain Lion is released. It avoids having to launch an updated version a few weeks after initial launch. Just my two cents, anyway...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
from everything i've read its been indicated that its still a while off. its a shame since i know there are a lot of people who want Tweetbot on their Macs, but i think we'll be waiting awhile.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I installed it this morning and although it started off pretty rough, its actually pretty good. Now I know its in Alpha stages, so there will be bugs. The rocky start came when the app crashed upon clicking the the button to write a new tweet. But after I restarted the app it worked fine.

I really like how pictures open up. Thw whole app looks so much nicer than the regular Twitter app on the Mac.

A couple issues I've noticed so far:

- Translate doesn't work yet. The option is there, but its faded out. So I hope its there in the full version.
- It doesn't sync up with the iOS app with tweets you have already viewed. For those with Tweetbot on both the iPhone AND iPad, you will know what I'm talking about. But I'm sure that will come in time.

I didn't have long to mess with it, but so far I'm liking what I see. I also noticed that the app will only be compatible with OS X 10.8 when the full version launches, according to Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/11/tweetbot-for-mac-arrives-as-free-alpha/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.