Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwrigley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Hi, I have a nice little camera that I know can use footage on final cut (did this at school, but someone converted the footage for me), and I cannot convert the footage for editing in final cut express. I am fairly new to video editing, but I want to make a short film this summer so I am determined to learn how to do this. I went to watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPNhYGxutdE

I did everything he said, and I used mpeg streamclip. However, when I had converted my footage, mpeg streamclip said I needed to buy MPEG-2 playback component in order to export MPEG-2 files. I then tried to import in final cut express and I got the message: "File error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown." I have no idea what this means, but now, final cut won't get my footage that I converted. If someone who know's what I am dealing with could help me out, I'd appreciate it a bunch. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.