Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeM87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
UK
Hi,

How often is the iPad 2 in stock on the refurb section of the UK Apple website.

I am after the 16gb wifi model in white if possible.

Thanks.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Hi,

How often is the iPad 2 in stock on the refurb section of the UK Apple website.

I am after the 16gb wifi model in white if possible.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the UK's online store, but if it's the same as the US, you'll just have to keep looking on a daily basis. Apple probably posts them as they become available and you just have to be quick to order one since there are many people waiting on refurbs to pop on the site. I just bought one for my mother and had to wait for about 4-5 days before they became available. I checked 24 hours later, out of curiosity, and the base models were gone already. Just keep checking.

scarlets knees

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Hi MikeM87,

I'm in the UK and was in the same postion myself (though I was after the black 16gb) and I started watching the UK site. Neither of the 16gb models ever seemed to come up.

Someone pointed me to a site called http://www.refurb.me It has an update of all the refurb items on both the US and UK stores as they come up on the apple store. Found it much easier to follow than the Apple site, especially as you can set the price to £300 which cuts out loads of items other than ipads and ipods and it shows when the items were last up.

I watched and it seemed that the 16g refurbs seem to go on after 12am or 12pm two or three times a week. I found myself checking around those times when I could and within a couple of days I got lucky and managed to bag myself a 16gb refrub for £259. Great deal and it's in perfect condition.

Try that site and good luck

MikeM87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
UK
Hi MikeM87,

I'm in the UK and was in the same postion myself (though I was after the black 16gb) and I started watching the UK site. Neither of the 16gb models ever seemed to come up.

Someone pointed me to a site called http://www.refurb.me It has an update of all the refurb items on both the US and UK stores as they come up on the apple store. Found it much easier to follow than the Apple site, especially as you can set the price to £300 which cuts out loads of items other than ipads and ipods and it shows when the items were last up.

I watched and it seemed that the 16g refurbs seem to go on after 12am or 12pm two or three times a week. I found myself checking around those times when I could and within a couple of days I got lucky and managed to bag myself a 16gb refrub for £259. Great deal and it's in perfect condition.

Try that site and good luck

Thanks :) i'll keep checking throughout the day. Hopefully i'll manage to pick one up it's for my sister for her Birthday (mums buying it not me). I'm going to wait for the iPad 4 to become available I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.