Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jul 24, 2005, 06:12 PM   #1
Roger1
macrumors 65816

help finding font

Hi Does anybody know where I can find a free version of Bookman Old Style font? A person I work with recently received a Word document with this font, now they want the font installed on their machine. By Monday. For a Pagemaker document due Tuesday.

Now another stupid question: Why is it, when I open the document in Word, it tells me the font is Bookman Oldstyle, but when I do a "find", the font does not show up as being installed on my computer? Or am I missing something obvious??
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:34 PM   #2
superbovine
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1
Hi Does anybody know where I can find a free version of Bookman Old Style font? A person I work with recently received a Word document with this font, now they want the font installed on their machine. By Monday. For a Pagemaker document due Tuesday.

Now another stupid question: Why is it, when I open the document in Word, it tells me the font is Bookman Oldstyle, but when I do a "find", the font does not show up as being installed on my computer? Or am I missing something obvious??
google it.
superbovine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:24 AM   #3
xsedrinam
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbovine
google it.
http://www.freemacfonts.com/205640.html
X
xsedrinam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:04 AM   #4
Roger1
macrumors 65816

Hate to tell ya xsedrinam, but the download button on that website leads to fonts.com, where they want to charge me $22.00 for the font. Thanks for trying though
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:47 AM   #5
Mitthrawnuruodo

I got Bookman Old Style with a copy of MS Office 2004. Try installing a demo of that and see if the font doesn't tag along...
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:21 PM   #6
Roger1
macrumors 65816

Looked on my Office for X cd, and sure enough, there it was! Thanks people!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics