Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

botwa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
hello!
my iPod classic is 2,5 years old and this winter I noticed that it reacts on the cold too sensibly. I mean when it's cold the battery gets uncharged too quickly.
also if I use shuffle for all the songs I have and skip about ten or twenty songs the battery becomes uncharged too. although some time later (about 3 hours) I can restart it and everything would be OK.
is it a battery issue? maybe it's time to change it?
now when it's summer it works OK if I don't switch the songs too often. can play all day long.
I guess there's something to do with the temperature and the song switching? what do you think?

Last edited:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
temperatures will play a strong role in your battery life. too hot or too cold will have adverse affects on the battery and can cause it to drain quicker or cause it not last as long. i've had more problems with the summer heat than the cold of winter, but it doesn't get horribly cold. for the best results check apple's guidelines for temps and try and use it in that range. i know leaving my iPod in the car during the day when its either hot/cold will cause the battery life to be less than stellar so even just storing it at room temp helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.