Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falieson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Hello,

I recently upgraded my MBA to the latest OS version: 10.7.4

What happened to multiple desktops? For the life of me I can't seem how to add them.

Thanks!

phyrexia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
Hello,

I recently upgraded my MBA to the latest OS version: 10.7.4

What happened to multiple desktops? For the life of me I can't seem how to add them.

Thanks!

system preferences -> trackpad -> gestures -> verify which gesture activates Mission Control, and which gestures switch desktops ("pages" or "spaces")

system preferences -> mission control -> add secondary shortcuts to activate mission control

activate mission control -> mouse over top 15% of screen -> click the "+" tab that pops out of the right side of the screen.

note: ctrl + left arrow and ctrl + right arrow also navigates among spaces.

enjoy :)

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
system preferences -> trackpad -> gestures -> verify which gesture activates Mission Control, and which gestures switch desktops ("pages" or "spaces")

system preferences -> mission control -> add secondary shortcuts to activate mission control

activate mission control -> mouse over top 15% of screen -> click the "+" tab that pops out of the right side of the screen.

note: ctrl + left arrow and ctrl + right arrow also navigates among spaces.

enjoy :)

Yup! And if you need a visual... here you go

Attachments

• Mission Control.jpg
    Mission Control.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 133
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.