Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:53 PM   #126
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarScott View Post
Google just seem to be throwing out product after product after product in a hope one of them will become profitable. They don't have the ideas or skills that Apple had to become as big as it is. They're just stealing everything they've seen other people do well, sell it cheap as chips and sell it to morons.
So you're saying Apple no longer has ideas or skills? Afterall - you used the past tense.
samcraig is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:57 PM   #127
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Google just seem to be throwing out product after product after product in a hope one of them will become profitable. They don't have the ideas or skills that Apple had to become as big as it is. They're just stealing everything they've seen other people do well, sell it cheap as chips and sell it to morons.
You have to try harder, this parody of a fanboy is still a little dull. Perhaps readin gon other forums like the insiders you will get it
Oletros is online now   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:03 PM   #128
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
Oh grow up. If you dont like Google, dont post in the Google threads...hardly rocket science.

Besides, that wouldn't have happened if Apple patched the bug they knew about long ago
Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke. No need to get so worked up about a web browser.

And....well, yeah.
ugahairydawgs is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:03 PM   #129
alent1234
macrumors 603

Quote:
Apple should reject Google Drive out of respect for Dropbox. As Drive is another stolen product by Google. Also the fact that Google clearly states they own anything you put in it.
so is dropbox

MS had a dropbox like product in alpha testing in 2008. it became skydrive. i think the dropbox founder even came from MS. at the very least a lot of people knew about it since it was easy to get in on the alpha
alent1234 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:07 PM   #130
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Also the fact that Google clearly states they own anything you put in it.
Any thing to back this or it is more crap from you?
Oletros is online now   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:07 PM   #131
kemo
macrumors 6502a

Until Google Drive let's me to directly edit Google Docs I'll pass, but thanks Google

On the other way Ill hope Chrome will be synced with desktop version - then I'll switch to Chrome since it would be a pleasure to use same bookmarks/history items as on the desktop (laptops) and it could be even better - if Apple give us an option in iOS 6 to select custom default browser...which is not likely to happen...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:10 PM   #132
boomboom2
macrumors regular

Remember Microsoft getting in trouble for Internet Explorer? How long until Apple is forced to let us choose our own default browser! I want this to be the default browser on my iPad so bad.
boomboom2 is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:11 PM   #133
unlinked
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside guy View Post
Have they solved bookmark syncing yet?

When I was an Android user, one of the biggest frustrations I had was there's no apparent way to sync your desktop bookmarks with the Android browser's bookmarks. You could grab a separate app that would grab your Google bookmarks and launch them in the browser, but - that's just klunky as all get out, switching apps just to get to your bookmarks!

It just seemed like such a bizarre thing to not support. Every other browser on every other mobile platform does it...
Bookmark sync was added in Android 3.1.
unlinked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:13 PM   #134
geniusj
macrumors member

Quote:
Google has self-driving cars working on public roads. I think that's all that needs to be said about that.
geniusj is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:13 PM   #135
jroadley
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to jroadley
Welcome Google Drive - just can't see me making the move when Dropbox provides the perfect workflow between all my Apple/Microsoft/Mobile devices.

But bring on Chrome - want that as default brower in iOS
jroadley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:14 PM   #136
unlinked
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by alent1234 View Post
so is dropbox

MS had a dropbox like product in alpha testing in 2008. it became skydrive. i think the dropbox founder even came from MS. at the very least a lot of people knew about it since it was easy to get in on the alpha
And AOL had XDrive in 2005.
I imagine people have been syncing files over the internet since they invented the internet.
unlinked is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:14 PM   #137
Dogface
macrumors member

Be nice if you can retain your custom background.
Dogface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:16 PM   #138
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

It's live in the international store. Just waiting for the US store now....
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:16 PM   #139
Mazda 3s
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe98 View Post
That's besides the point. The point is you can do almost everything Chrome does with Apple's Safari if you really wanted to. Chrome has passwords + extensions, Safari has the Nitro javascript engine. Them be the differences.
But I don't use Safari on my MBA -- I use Chrome. So syncing with my MBA to my iPad and iPhone is useless.

With Chrome for iOS, all of my devices will be in sync.
Mazda 3s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:20 PM   #140
Chrisg2014
macrumors regular

built in flash? is that even possible?
Chrisg2014 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:22 PM   #141
Dogface
macrumors member

When is Chrome out in UK?
Dogface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:23 PM   #142
baller1308
macrumors 6502a

I'll probably try it out but I don't think it will be as fast as Safari. Safari works well for me. The only thing I wish they would bring is the unified adress bar.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:26 PM   #143
dthmtlgod
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
I'll probably try it out but I don't think it will be as fast as Safari. Safari works well for me. The only thing I wish they would bring is the unified adress bar.
Chrome is the fastest browser on my iMac and Macbook, nothing is even close.
I hope the same holds true for iOS.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:27 PM   #144
super tomtendo
macrumors 6502a

Why don't these companies allow us to edit our documents within the app? IT BOGGLES MY MIND!

This is the #1 feature want. Instead, we still can't edit it. Google Drive, DropBox... I want the same editing capability as the web browser or inside Office or iWork.

PLEASE!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:29 PM   #145
shyam09
macrumors 65816

Quote:
lol what's apple doing... They tweak the designs (for the better) of already existing products and sell it super high to morons (like us who can't stop craving apple products )

Apple is big because they sell stuff super expensive and people actually buy it. Essentially we are paying $1000 bucks for an operating system, and the design is a bonus, but that's about it...

Now I know people are going to raging on me, so just to be clear: It's my two cents
shyam09 is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:34 PM   #146
starbird
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
Yikes. Poor Apple.

Google is taking over.
Yeah. Yet, ironically, all the others (amazon, google, Microsoft) release their services for iOS, where the others may have some of the completion, none of them have iBooks, iTunes, etc.

As far as where you purchase your consumable content? Apple is the most flexible and, open.
starbird is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:37 PM   #147
rezzo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmtlgod View Post
Chrome is the fastest browser on my iMac and Macbook, nothing is even close.
I hope the same holds true for iOS.
Sadly I don't think so. Chrome will still use Apple's WebKit-based engine required by the App Store developer guidelines.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:38 PM   #148
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

It's Live in the US

http://itunes.apple.com/app/chrome/id535886823?mt=8
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:38 PM   #149
KaPOWitsCHRIS
macrumors 6502

[s]Available now, but not in the UK store [/s]

Getting this >.<

KaPOWitsCHRIS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:43 PM   #150
bushido
macrumors 601

a samsung and an apple in one ad, who would have ever thought this day would come

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion