Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retirer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
It's more of an inconvenience than a problem, but here goes... I just got the base config Retina MBP yesterday.

On OS X, the trackpad is flawless. I can easily right click (secondary click) and use the trackpad simultaneously. I prefer to use OS X because of it's superior resource handling of the MBP's components, but I use boot camp Windows 7 Ultimate to run games that aren't native on OS X.

In Boot Camp Windows 7, the trackpad works decently. However, I experience a problem where I can't right click and use the touchpad at the same time. I have to completely remove my hand from the trackpad to right click.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem or have a solution?

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this!

schafx

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2004
I'm having the same issue and it's annoying the **** out of me. Right click with two fingers works flawlessly in OSX. In Boot Camp, it requires me to hit the trackpad very hard to register a right-click (what Apple calls "Secondary Click" or "Secondary Tap").

Apple, please release working drivers - this is a basic usability requirement.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
My big issue is that tap to click doesn't even work, which was probably the most annoying thing to have to live with. I deleted my Windows partition anyway though :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.