Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
One of my most frequently used shortcuts is hitting the spacebar to view files without opening them, but I just noticed that it is no longer working. If I right click I can still choose to view with quick look, but the shortcut no longer works. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is? Or how to fix it?

On another note, I've also noticed that hitting control + tab will first select the URL, before switching tabs. As with the quick look issue, I just noticed it recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

—Edit—

Everything is back to normal. Based off an Apple support thread for keys not responding on the keyboard, I opened the keyboard viewer and found that for some reason the period key on the number pad believed it was being used. But by unplugging and replugging the keyboard a few times, everything is resolved.

Space to quick look now works again, and the strange action when hitting control + tab has resolved itself as well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.