Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manyrains1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Sure would like to talk to a live voice to answer a few simple questions for me. I have Dell windows 7, and 2 mac pros which are 10.6.8. I previous thread i was shown workaround for the SL machines. All I use mobile me for is my calendar (I don't really even need that as my dell laptop goes with me form home to office.) Not grasping this concept entirely, such as , do you need to move to Icloud on each machine, etc. which message to follow from are my devices compatible, here's what I have done:
On the Windows 7 machine I went ahead followed the prompts to migrate. Now when I try to open my calendar on any computer it just gets stuck saying it's moving contents to icloud. What am supposed to do? And has the predictable snafu happened- have I lost my calendar??. All I want is to be able to open my calendar. I figured it would not change on the host machine- I don't even care about syncing>

Do I need to implement the workaround on the SL machines for the Dell to be able to access the calendar?

Nevermind any of this. sorry for hair on fire. I went ahead and upgraded on one of my machines to LIOn, and while waiting for it to load now I am being able to get the calndar on both the Windows PC and the MBP that is SL. Was surprised to see that the calendar is syncing despite being SL; my wife figured out that I use the calendar from in the cloud on all the machines as opposed to launching it from the machine. (?????) And thus they're syncing regardless of what OS version (???) Still don't understand how all this works, but I guess it's OK.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.