Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

05slvrscape

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Canada
I have been having this issue since I got my server setup. I have a mini running Lion server. I have file sharing and web services running on it for external use. I have the server set to shutoff at the wee hours of the morning and restart in the AM. When it restarts I am not able to use the file sharing or web services. I have to remotely connect to the server and turn the services off and back on before they will function. Then everything is fine till the next restart. All my port forwarding and everything is good.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
What do you see when you try to access the website and it doesn't work? Does nothing come up? Is there a message?

Just a thought (until I know more info)... is DNS configured correctly? Are file permissions correct? Try repairing permissions with Disk Utility, too.

05slvrscape

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Canada
All permissions and everything is set correctly. When I reboot I get error 403 forbidden. Once I turn off and back on the web server or webdav then I can access again no problem. This is the same impact with VPN. They work fine till the computer reboots then I have to restart the services again to reconnect. It almost seems like the ports are closed until I restart the service.

DNS and everything else is good. Internally it is on a fixed IP so routing should be good also. I am using a Netgear 3700 with DDWRT firmware and all forwarding is configured.

awdx4g63

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2013
Hello all, I have the same problem only with File Sharing. Everytime I reboot or started up my mac mini, my file sharing is not functional, like shared folders are not seen by any other PC on the network, until I unchecked and checked the File sharing box in sharing under setting.

I'm running mountain lion, not server though

Its annoying, I can make mac osx startup to do that using command line but I rather find the real causes. Thanks all.

Andrew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.