Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I just bought a new macbook pro from Amazon received today and orderred yesterday how many days dose Apple or Squaretrade give to decide for enrollment of warranty?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
If you buy a new MBP you have warranty for 1 year. You can buy Applecare to extend the warranty to 3 years as long as you buy before the first year is over.

Actually you have to register AppleCare before the first year is over. Just purchasing it does activate or extend the AppleCare warranty.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Actually you have to register AppleCare before the first year is over. Just purchasing it does activate or extend the AppleCare warranty.
Apple has been known to activate AppleCare after the first year warranty expired, provided the user can show proof of purchase before the 1 year deadline.

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010

I'm confused. Did you mean "does activate" or doesn't activate?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm confused. Did you mean "does activate" or doesn't activate?
He meant the latter. You should buy and register AppleCare. Just buying it doesn't register it, unless you buy it at the same time you buy a new Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.